Biography of Kapil Sibal Politician with Family Background and Personal Details
Personal Information of Kapil Sibal
• Real Name- Kapil Sibal
• Date of Birth- 8 August 1948
• Place of Birth- Jalandhar, Punjab, India
• Birth Sign- Leo
• Height- 5 Feet 9 Inch
• Weight- 72 kg
• Political Party- Indian National Congress
• Religion- Hindu
• Nationality- Indian
• Education- LLB, and MA from St. Stephen’s College, the University of Delhi LLM from Harward Law School, USA
• Professor Before Joining Politics- Lawyer
• Spouse Name- Nina Sibal died in 2000, Married to Promila Sibal in 2005
• Children- Sons: Amit Sibal and Akhil Sibal
Kapil Sibal is an Indian government legislator. He was the Minister of Communications and Information Technology and the Union Minister of Law and Justice under United Progressive Alliance (UPA) government. As a legal counselor, Sibal has taken care of a portion of the testing portfolios, for example, Additional Solicitor General of India and President of the Supreme Court Bar Association. Sibal's enthusiasm as a lawmaker was tested amid the UPA tenure when he was given the charge of different ministries services including the Ministry of Science and Technology and the MHRD (Ministry of Human Resource Development). Kapil Sibal was likewise the Mop (Member of Parliament) from the Chandni Chowk voting electorate in Delhi from 2004 to 2014. After all, in 2014 Lok Sabha races he lost the seat to Dr. Harsh Vardhan of BJP. Kapil Sibal began off with his vocation in 1970 subsequent to joining the Bar Association. It took him 13 years to certify as a Senior Lawyer in 1983. In under six years, he was named as the Additional Solicitor General of India. In his ability as a legal counselor, he held distinctive positions in the Government of India. Sibal likewise proceeded to end up the President of the Supreme Court Bar Association in 1995. In any case, his political leap forward occurred in 1998, when he was chosen as the individual from the Rajya Sabha.
Political Journey of Kapil Sibal
• Kapil Sibal dealt in as the ASG (Additional Solicitor General) of India from December 1989 to December 1990.
• In the time of 1998, he was chosen as a Member of the Rajya Sabha.
• From 2000 to 2002, he remained the Secretary of CPA (Congress Parliamentary Party).
• In April 2001, he was selected as the member of the JPC (Joint Parliamentary Committee on Stock Market Scam, and he took care of the duty till December 2002.
• At the same time, he turned into the Member of BAC (Business Advisory Committee) in August 2001.
• In the year of 2002, Kapil Sibal was made the Member of Committee on Home Affairs.
• In 2004, he was chosen to the Lok Sabha for the first time.
• On 23 May 2004, Kapil Sibal turned into the Union Minister of Science and Technology and Earth Sciences.
• In 2009, he was re-chosen to fifteenth Lok Sabha.
• Around the same time, he was named as the Minister of HRD (Human Resource Development). He held his situation till 28th October 2012.
• On 19 January 2011, Kapil assumed control over the Communications and Information Technology Ministry.
• In May 2013, he likewise took the extra charge of the Ministry of Law and Justice.