Butter mushroom masala is one of the most favorite dishes among all of us. Mushrooms are low calorie food, containing 80 to 90 percent of water. It is a great source of minerals and anti-oxidants. It also helps to boost our immune system, because it is loaded with essential nutrients. So, today we will share some steps to make butter mushroom masala. These are:
Every recipe depends upon ingredients, as it is the hidden secret behind every dish to make it more delightful and flavorsome, so arrange the following ingredients before making the butter mushroom masala:
• 200 to 250 grams of white mushrooms
• 2 medium onions (nicely chopped)
• Garlic and ginger paste
• Tomatoes (chopped)
• Kaju, as per the quantity of your dish
• Green cardamom (2-3 pods)
• Cinnamon stick
• Turmeric powder (1 tablespoon)
• Red chilli powder as per your taste
• Coriander powder (1 tablespoon)
• Cumin (1 tablespoon)
• Coconut paste (3 tablespoon)
• Garam masala powder (1 tablespoon)
• Clove (3-4 buds)
• Bay leaf (1 leaf)
• Refined oil
• Butter as per the quantity of your dish
• Salt as per your taste
Procedure to make
• First, wash and clean the mushrooms and cut them into medium pieces.
• Now, take a pan, add some water and boil tomato and Kaju for 20 minutes.
• After that, strain out tomatoes, peel them off and cut them all into small pieces. Make a paste in the mixer along with Kaju and some water and keep it afar.
• After completing it, take some oil in a pan, heat it and once the oil is hot, add some Butter to it. Now, add cinnamon stick, cloves, bay leaf,
green cardamom and cumin in the butter and oil mixture, and turn the flame to medium.
• Cook all ingredients for 30 seconds and then add finely chopped onions and curry leaves.
• Cook onions till it become golden brown in color. It is important not to add tomatoes until the onions turn brown.
• Now add the ginger-garlic paste and cook it for a few more minutes.
• Add tomatoes, coriander powder, Garam Masala , chilli powder, turmeric power, salt and cook them all together until tomatoes become mushy.
You can add 1to 2 tablespoon of water, if the tomatoes get too dry.
• After that, add sliced mushroom and mix it properly. Cook the chopped mushroom for few minutes and keep stirring it, otherwise it will burn quickly.
• Then, add water as per ingredients quantity and cook till the mushrooms get soft. You can add extra water if required.
• Finally, add the coconut paste and again cook for 5-7 minutes. Garnish it with coriander leaves and thick sliced green chilli.
• Now serve this hot and delicious butter mushroom masala with Veg Pulao, rotis, simple paratha, naan or even with plain rice.
Apart from this recipe, you can also try to make other mushroom dishes, such as: mushroom manchurian, kadai mushroom gravy, mushroom biryani, aloo mushroom masala, mushroom and peas curry, palak mushroom, mushroom tikka, mushroom sandwich, stuffed mushroom, mushroom korma, etc. There are several delicious dishes that you can cook at your place very easily.
Hope all these steps will help you in making a spicy and yummy masala mushroom dish.